Tuesday 22 May 2012


And it’s growing nicely, my stiches are getting nice and small just like they used to be, I have been concentrating too much on machine sewing, glad to be back doing hand sewing again.


It will still take a while to complete this project but I know it will be worth it.  I am hoping to get the finished quilt professionally quilted at the end to ensure it looks it’s best.

So if anyone knows someone who does long arm quilting, living in the Leigh, Greater Manchester area, who could either show me how, or knows who can do it for me when it’s all finished. 

I would love to learn how to do this myself and even better have a long arm quilting machine at home as I think there is nothing more beautiful than a proper finished quilt.  


I would love to make beautiful family heirlooms.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I'm making one of these too right now - although my hexagons have come out odd sizes/lopsided

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks lovely I especially love the colours in your patches. I'm doing a hexagonal patchwork piece at the moment - really should finish it because its so close to being complete!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments